I would like to inspire people to eat their own home-prepared lunch. When I was in the UK, the people there seem to have this culture of bringing their own lunch instead of eating out. Sure, people still ate out but compared to the number of people here who actually do bring their own lunch, there is a significantly greater number there compared to here.
It might be because fast and tasty food is easily available in Malaysia because after all, it is a food paradise as everybody knows it to be, but just imagine how easy it is to actually pack your own lunch. How much money it would save you, and surely you can enjoy that sense of satisfaction from eating your own homemade food. I know I do.
I have been packing some homemade sandwiches for lunch for about 1 month now. Apart from enabling me to control whatever goes into my system, I managed to lose about 4kg, and it made me feel good because I don't feel like I am spending unnecessarily on food that I don't actually need. What's better, you can practice that culinary skills if you feel like going a bit fancy! You don't have to go the distance to making your own bread like I do, or have the intention of losing weight, or wanting to swing towards the healthier direction. The main idea is just to pack your own lunch!
Here are just some ideas for your packed lunch:
- Sandwich / tortilla wrap - this is my packed lunch normally because it is easy to prepare and is done in no time
- Pasta - e.g spaghetti meatballs / bolognese / creamy pasta / pasta salad
- Fried rice / fried noodles / noodle salad
- Left over pizza from last night's take away
- Bread and soup
- If you are really in the zone of course you can cook your white rice and all the other 'lauk-pauk'